Tuesday, June 25, 2013

It's a Lady

I drew this last year and never posted it (not sure why) but I liked it.  It's just some old lady floatin' on a chunk of earth while she knits a little something or other.  I'll assume it's a sweater for her concerned feline.  I'm not really a cat person but I do enjoy drawing old people.  And a lot of old people have cats, or tiny dogs that would be better categorized as cats.  I like drawing more grouchy faced people so it was a bit of a break to make this lady smile.  My Pop pop had a giant nose like this one and all the grandchildren would always grab at it and honk it like a bicycle horn.  My grandma Rose was always very sweet and kind.  So this is sort of a mash up of the two of them despite the fact they never owned a cat.  I miss them both dearly but I'm sure they're floating around somewhere too right now feeling just as happy as this old broad.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment